BluestoneLogic Service Offerings
Today, our customers are challenged to provide more services, better reliability, and flexible capability—within lower budgets. In the past, IT decision-makers decreased costs by cutting services, shelving projects, and espousing system maintenance. This approach sacrifices quality and is counterproductive to the objective of long-term cost savings. The resulting outdated systems hinder the ability to deploy needed applications and services; pose cyber security risks; and strain resources, people, and processes.
Conversely, our approach tackles these modernization challenges by integrating and replacing legacy systems with compatible new technologies to reduce overall costs. Our System Assessment Model & Methodology (SAM2) approach reduces the ambiguity of the modernization decision-making process. This approach accounts for our customers’ distinct aims, different starting points, and diverse constraints in a series of quantitative and qualitative analysis. With a dedicated focus on innovation without disruption, SAM2 produces a unique solution strategy for each customer. We take pride in our process that delivers facts-based analysis, high fidelity results, and defensible decision-making.
- Quantitative (Model-based) Systems Engineering/Optimization—SAM2 determines the most effective engineering Courses of Action (COAs) from thousands of possible combinations.
- Complex Systems Requirement Management—Our model maps requirements to sources, assumptions, and constraints, and the structure is reused across various customers to minimize engagement spin-up delays.
- Systems Architecture Engineering & Governance—We develop and provide governance for standards-based systems architecture without product affiliations or conflicts of interest.
- Cloud Computing Transition Strategy Development—We model and outline optimal strategies to meet customer consolidation objectives while managing risk and budget constraints.
- COTS & GOTS Systems Assembly—Our team embraces innovative loosely-coupled standards-based system assembly to reduce costs.
- Stakeholder Outreach Strategy Development and Program Execution—Stakeholder outreach activities (surveys) contribute qualitative community data for SAM2 optimization models.
- SharePoint Administration and Integration—SharePoint fosters interagency collaboration among multiple intelligence agencies.
- Command and Control within the J3/J6 Communities
- Global Command & Control Systems – Joint (GCCS – J) and Maritime (GCCS-M)
- Global Combat Support System – Joint (GCSS-J, Logistics integration)
- Theater Battle Management Core Systems (TBMCS-Air Force)
- Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Tactical/Strategic Networking
- Allied and Coalition Data Interopability
- Certification & Accreditation (with unique experience in the DIACAP process)
- Emerging requirements engineering and management and system sustainment
Download our capabilities statement.